master discs for oem xp

hugh-265156 02:38 27 Apr 03

i have a packard bell computer about seven months old came with xp pre installed and a recovery disk i had the option to create master discs which i chose to do.however after doing this i checked the discs for errors using the recovery disk and smart restore and both say the discs have errors on them.i have contacted packard bell and am awaiting a reply but would like some advice on if i can get replacement etc due to this.thanks.

howard60 07:13 27 Apr 03

are the master discs floppy or cdr? if cdr they could have been burnt at the wrong speed and your recovery disk could be just fine.

hugh-265156 16:34 27 Apr 03

thanks howard60 the masters are cd and they need to be used when the recovery disc is inserted it asks for them.however this is now resolved i recieved a reply from packard bell saying that so long as they were made on branded discs they will send out a replacement.didnt expect to hear from them so soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…