master class in search engines

perpetually-perplexed 00:18 13 Jul 03

it seems to me if you know how to use a search engine properly you can find anything from diy build your own nuclear submarine to how to cook the perfect soufle.
how do you people find all this stuff and filter out the unwanted and mostly useless results we get from the engines

powerless 00:26 13 Jul 03

The dogs what ya call its of search engines is...

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 GOOGLE click here

Use specific words to what you are wishing to look for. Using commom words will be omitted from the serach or they will be used and you'll have many unwanted sites because of these common words.

"Yeah i'm looking for ummmm submarimes, the nuclear type" - You'll get no where with this search query.

Nuclear Submarine - reveals thousands of pages. If you use more specific words like the name of a submarine you'll not only get pages with nuclear subs but also a specific sub itself.

Their Keywords as they are known.

Use as a few of words as possible and the words you use have to be specific to your query.

Keywords again.

...However you can always get lucky.

jakedawe 00:27 13 Jul 03

Personally, I find Copernic Agent Pro 6.1 far superior to Google.

perpetually-perplexed 00:29 13 Jul 03

i was reading something in an old magazine about adding certain characters to your seacrch like plus or colons. what do these do

powerless 00:31 13 Jul 03

click here

Explains it.

perpetually-perplexed 01:10 13 Jul 03

thanks... very useful

when you know what to do to get the infois so easy and so liberating to know that info on nearly everything ever thought or done is out there some where

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…