MASSIVE USB FAILURE...URGENT

rotormota 22:54 16 Jan 06

Hi,

For some reason my 3 external USB devices are not being recognised by my PC anymore. Started about 20 mins ago.

Done a couple of restarts but still no luck. The devices are all powered up but currently not operational. They are a USB hub, external hard drive & external CD/DVD drive.

My mouse still works & that is via a USB.

OSWINXP.

Any ideas much appreciated please?

Regards
J

woodchip 22:57 16 Jan 06

Try the USB items strait into the computer

woodchip 22:58 16 Jan 06

If you are using a Mains Powered Hub the Mains Adapter may have failed

rotormota 23:02 16 Jan 06

Hi,
Thanks but they are all plugged directly to PC USB sockets. It's weird as the mouse is working in all of the sockets but unplugging & reconnecting the 3 devices into the same sockets gets the Windows message stating device not recognised.

It can't be all 3 devices failed at the same time.

Any other ideas?

Softstag 23:05 16 Jan 06

Do you have anything strange in Device Manager?

woodchip 23:11 16 Jan 06

Try this Go to Device Manager click on + at the side of USB start at bottom of USB and uninstall all USB. Then restart Computer For USB to be reloaded

rotormota 23:15 16 Jan 06

The three devices are appearing in device manager as 'unknown devices' & with all three in 'properties' the common factor is that it states 'there are 'no drivers installed for this device'.

What on earth is going on?

woodchip 23:20 16 Jan 06

Uninstall the yellow icons

rotormota 23:24 16 Jan 06

There are no yellow icons. Just the usual USB icons & 'Unknown Device'

woodchip 23:29 16 Jan 06

Remove em all and restart comp

rotormota 23:32 16 Jan 06

Just tried another restart & did notice that all USB devices spring into action in the early stages of reboot then stop being operational at the Windows progress bar screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…