Massive Unexpected Hard Drive activity

Sapins 09:22 26 May 04

I have XP Home and Norton System Works with GoBack v3.0

This morning I tried to access - My Account/Subscription on Wanadoo.fr to check a change I have made to my subscription,(Broadband upgrade) for some reason this was blocked so I left it for now. I then went to samsung. com to download a manual for a dvd/video recorder,and I was asked if I wanted to accept or reject a plug-in to enable me to view DjVu documents, I clicked no. I then went through Samsung's procedure to find the manual and getting to the point where I clicked on the download button but it would not start the download. I then noticed this massive activity on the hard drive, the light was on constantly not flickering.

I then opened GoBack to find that there were no points that I could revert to.

Does anyone know why GoBack has had the history wiped clean, I don't think it could be because I visited a couple of sites, Wanadoo I look at each day and Samsung I have visited a few times.
I have reported the problem re downloading to Samsung but whether I get a reply or not!

Samsung site now say's Server too busy!

Also does anyone have an opinion on which is best GoBack or XP'S System Restore? (Which I have switched to for now)

johnnyrocker 09:28 26 May 04

i must say my xp has got me out of a couple of scrapes before, dont know much about go back buut it seems to me a system designed with it's own recovery facility is preferable (unless somebody know's different;)

johnny.

Sapins 10:29 26 May 04

Hi johnnyrocker, after the problems I've had I tend to agree with you. I'm using system restore for the first time and I've found it easy to set a restore point yourself whereas GoBack decides when to create one for you, some of which you don't need.

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 12:19 26 May 04

johnnyrocker 12:23 26 May 04

yes it is much simpler and manageable.

johnny.

Sapins 17:20 26 May 04

Sorry johnnyrocker, forgot to say thank you, your help is very much appreciated,

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5