Massive GoogleMail Spam problem, 107 messages!

bengreenslade 16:49 06 Apr 09

Hi,
I have been using Googlemail since september 2008, and ive had no spam whatsoever, now all of a sudden in 3 days ive got 107! Spam messages. They are all based on Pharmacy, drugs and loans etc.

Ive not registered with anything to cause such issues, many other people I know have the same problem. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to stop it?

Is anyone else having the same problems?

Thanks
Ben

colberly 17:00 06 Apr 09

Haven't got as many as that but am getting foreign language ones that appear to be either Spanish or Portuguese, couldn't read them if I tried.

Clapton is God 20:18 06 Apr 09

"Does anyone know why this is happening"

It's happening because your e-mail address has probably now found its way onto a spam bot which automatically generates spam to the addresses (including yours) in its database.

"what I can do to stop it?"

Nothing - except change your e-mail address and then give that address out to a few trusted friends and family members only. Don't use it to sign up at every website and for every e-newsletter on the planet.

Alternatively live with it. GMail has one of the best spam filters around.

laurie53 21:03 06 Apr 09

Since Gmail puts spam straight into a spam folder, and automatically deletes it I don't see how it is a problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos