Massive file filled my HD

john bunyan 17:54 15 Oct 13
Answered

My System partition suddenly filled and I lost all restore points and nearly stopped altogether. Using Easeus Partition manager I extended the C drive by taking space from the Data partition. I used TreeSize and found a massive file in my user /app data folder - a Google Earth Unified_Cache folder of over 40 Gigabytes. I managed to delete it and now have plenty of spare space. I record this for comment - how could this massive cache have happened? I quickly created a new restore point but could have had a disaster.

Bris 18:20 15 Oct 13
Answer

Some info here:

click

john bunyan 18:32 15 Oct 13

Bris

Thanks. I am not sure how it manages to overwrite the restore points - very worrying.

lotvic 18:55 15 Oct 13

Thanks Bris, blimey, seems I narrowly averted same happening. It's only a few weeks since I uninstalled GE instead of letting it update, phew.

Bris 19:00 15 Oct 13

Computing is fun init.

john bunyan 19:14 15 Oct 13

I used Revo to completely uninstall GE 7 then downloaded GE 7.1.2.2019 from Filehippo. GE 7 did not show an update. I am a bit miffed as one would think they would have cured this themselves.

I still do not know how it overwrote the system restore files.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:33 15 Oct 13

JB I thought you had a time machine built into your GE so you could look at earth in the past that's how you solve all of Brumas Old Pot card quizzes.

:0)

john bunyan 20:12 15 Oct 13

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

I am losing my touch to you - your finding the 965 was brilliant! Still trying to find out how restore points overwritten - any views?

john bunyan 09:41 16 Oct 13

Closing this as no one seems to know how to stop this problem over writing the restore files...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…