massive cpu usage after install xp

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 21:21 07 Aug 05

I have just changed a HD as the old one went up the wall I reinstalled win xp home after the installation the cpu went ahhh massive cpu usage by dr watson when I go into task manager and end pro the cpu usage goes back to normall also sygate personal firewall will not work correct when connected to internet it turns off and keep getting the microsoft error reporting tool all the time tryed reinstall win xp agian but getting the same probs on boot up and cpu usage.

DieSse 22:11 07 Aug 05

Have you put motherboard and graphic card drivers in? - you will need to.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:12 08 Aug 05

mb and graph drivers in 100% usage by dr watson when turn of cpu goes back to normal if it starts up cpu 100% again no viruses or madware present tryed another hd same thing thought it may be a memory prob took mem sticks out one by one three in total no diference red light on casing on hd activerty on constant noise from hd activerty as if hd is being used constantly every thing slow . hellpppppp

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:14 08 Aug 05

is it possible to uninstall dr watson if so how

DieSse 15:41 08 Aug 05

"...and end pro the cpu usage goes back to normall"

end pro - what does that mean??

"mb and graph drivers in 100% usage by dr watson when turn of cpu goes back to normal"

Do you mean that if you turn off dr watson, cpu useage goes down to normal??

Put ... dr watson disable ... into a google search, and you'll get loads of help.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:13 08 Aug 05

pro means program (dr watson).Do you mean that if you turn off dr watson, cpu useage goes down to normal?? yes

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 19:15 08 Aug 05

sorted i think took out dr watson installed zone alarm updated pc seems fine so for just 39 updates to go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…