mass emailing people with my newsletter (.eml) ?

Bansaw 16:43 PM 07 Aug 10

I have a list of about 100 people who get my monthly PDF newsletter.

Instead of BCC-ing everyone I want to generate an individual email for each person saying "Dear John, Hope you're are doing well? Here's my latest newsletter attached."

Is there a program out there that will take a long list of emails and generate individual emails like that, which I can then send through Outlook Express or Thunderbird?

Chris the Ancient 11:09 AM 08 Aug 10

Could be done with MS Access - but it isn't easy unless you know it well.

Taff™ 07:01 AM 11 Aug 10

I use "Mail Merge to e-mail" using Word and Excel as the database but never quite worked out how to add the attachment so like you I bcc when sending the newsletter. Watching this one with interest.

Bansaw 13:17 PM 11 Aug 10

Taff, on a thread I posted elsewhere someone recommended MailChimp as a solution. Its free if you have less than 500 subscribers.
click here

Taff™ 15:40 PM 11 Aug 10

Thanks for that. I`ve two problems in that I have three databases of people from which I select the relevant recipients. One mailing might go to about 350. The other problem I have is data protection - we have a policy of not providing personal information to third parties!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11