Margins as typed on screen change when printed.

Bonzy 13:54 02 Mar 04

Hello folks, please help me out here. When I type text in MS Word, all is fine. When I print the text however, allowable margins change. Text that appears to the right on screen is moved and printed on the next line when the document is printed.
Are there any settings amiss? What adjustments in settings do I need to make in order that what I see as typed on the screen is exacly what gets printed? Thanks in advance.

scotty 14:02 02 Mar 04

You can set margins under File\Page Setup. However, your printer may require wider margins (i.e. it cannot print close to the edge of the page). Adjust the margins to ensure they exclude the unprintable parts of the paper.

Before you print a document, look at it in print preview to see how it will look on paper.

Audeal 14:10 02 Mar 04

If you wish to find out the printable area on a page then reset the right and left margins to Zero and then type a full line of dashes from left to right then count them. Print the page out and then you can count the missing dashes or measure the margin on the printed page and reset you margins accordingly. This should help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…