Mapping My Documents As A Network Drive

Forest Gump 15:21 01 Feb 03

I need some help!-

I have a home network with 2 pc's-1 runs Windows 98SE and the other runs Windows XP Home.
On my 98SE computer I would like to map My Documents as a network drive. I have noticed that I have two copies of My Documents-1 in the C drive and the other in Windows. Do I only have to map the copy of My Documents as a network drive located on the C drive or do I also have to map the copy of My Documents as a network located in the Windows folder?

Thanks for your help

y_not 20:58 01 Feb 03

^BUMP^

DieSse 21:27 01 Feb 03

A copy of My Documents located in the Windows folder is very unusual. The normal place to see My Documents is one version on the desktop -which should be a special shortcut to - the real version which is a folder on the C drive root.

The folder on the C drive would be the one to map.

If you right click on the one shown on the desktop, and then click Properties - you will see where it points to on the C drive root.

jazzypop 21:27 01 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…