Mapped network drive issue after virus infection?

Flopper 12:34 05 Feb 08

We recently had an issue when an infected pen drive was used on a PC but we managed to clear the virus, Winmgct.exe, which seems to have originated in China.
The pen drive has since been destroyed.
However we have developed a new problem which may be related.

On a few PCs which may have used the pen drive we have an issue with one of the mapped drives to the main server.
On these PCs we can access the drive by simply right mousing and selecting Open but if we double click the icon within My Computer we get a message

"Windows cannot find '.\Recycler\UExecute.exe', make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search"

I assume U is the pen drive letter.

I noticed on one PC that when I right mouse the mapped drive icon the top line says Autoplay, as if it thinks it is a CD, and the next two lines are just random characters.

Is it the case that these PCs are still somehow infected or is there another course of action I need to take?

Technotiger 12:53 05 Feb 08

A couple of things you could try ... do a System Restore back to before these events occurred, and/or run www,ccleaner.com in its default settings.

Technotiger 12:54 05 Feb 08

Ooops - replace the , with a .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…