Mapped Drive not reconnecting at Startup

JNKScot 12:17 25 May 07

I have a 500 Gb LaCie Ethernet Disk mini networked to my PC (Windows XP Home SP2 - Netgear DG834 modem/wired router) & mapped to a P: drive with reconnect at logon selected.

Works perfectly but after a shutdown or reboot an error comes up saying that the drive is not connected & recommending that I open the My Computer folder. On doing this the mapped drive is visible (the icon not even showing it as disconnected); double clicking brings up the LaCie input screen and, after entering the password, all is OK once more until the next time.

When mapping the drive I selected "Log in as a different user" & entered the drive's details plus the password but Windows doesn't seem to be retaining this data.

Is there something I'm missing?

JNKScot 13:53 05 Jun 07

Found this solution

click here

Works fine after following the instructions in the .cmd file and making sure the "Reconnect at logon" box is unticked in "Map Network Drive"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…