Maplins 250GB Western Digital External Hard Drive

tamarells 16:37 25 Feb 07

This is not a repeat! It's just that I read somewhere about one needs to make sure that it is formatted to NTFS. My Windows XP Sp2 is formatted to NTFS so will this present no problem when I come to use the drive?

Fingees 16:39 25 Feb 07

No roblem.
Used one for two years.

tamarells 16:40 25 Feb 07

Thanks Fingees - that was quick!

uesquebeathus 16:43 25 Feb 07

have you tried to change either a partition or the drive to fat32 for example, it does seem strange to say the least that it will only work in one format, please try and find out of it is true or just a piece of imagination.

tamarells 16:47 25 Feb 07

Have not altered anything and have not bought drive yet.

€dstowe 16:58 25 Feb 07

The WD MyBook drives come formatted in FAT 32 - this could cause problems if you do video work and other things that need large files.

The drives come with a booklet outlining the way to format in NTFS using the Windows formatting procedure.

Before you buy from Maplin, check the prices on the Amazon site - you may find them cheaper there and they have stock which Maplin's didn't the other day when I was looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…