mapi32.dll outlook 2003 file

Jake_027 15:53 30 Jul 07

I get an error message saying mapi32.dll is corrupt when I try to start outlook 2003. Having googled this I tried the fixmapi utility in C:\WINDOWS\System32. tried renaming the existing file and the running fixmapi, but neither seems to work. Some solutions suggested looking in program files/common files/system/msmapi/1033, but there is no msmapi folder in that location on my pc. I tried an office detect and repair but that didn't work either. Everything I've read says an uninstall then reinstall doesn't work, so I haven't tried this yet. I also looked at downloading the mapi32.dll from dll-files.com, but that version is something like 4.0.410.59 whereas mine is 1.0.2536.0.

I have the office 2003 cd, but I have no idea if or where mapi32.dll is on it, i tried a search but it yielded no results. If anyone has office 2003 and can send me the dll to try, or has any other suggestions, they'd be much appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Jake_027 16:54 30 Jul 07

doing sfc/ scannow has made no difference either.

Os is XP Pro SP2.

And haven't used outlook for a very long time, so system restore to beforehand is not an option either.

Have run Office 2007 beta late last year-problem seems to be related to this on web forums, but as above no posted fixes seem to work

Sea Urchin 17:35 30 Jul 07

Hi Jake_027

This site click here contains the version of the mapi32.dll you need - middle column 6th down on the "M" page

Hope this helps.

Jake_027 17:56 30 Jul 07

Thanks, downloaded and pasted that, but I'm still getting the error message

Sea Urchin 18:01 30 Jul 07

Sorry to hear that. The only other thing I can suggest is the following click here
which might help if you have not already tried it.

Jake_027 18:35 30 Jul 07

Thanks for the help, but no luck!

Jake_027 21:30 30 Jul 07

Help anyone?

Sea Urchin 15:40 31 Jul 07

Found the following info when googling this afternoon - haven't had to use it myself so can't vouch for its effectiveness. As always I would advise backing up your registry before any remedial fiddling.

"Installing a dll file
Windows told you that a required .dll ( dynamic link library ) file was missing and you searched your computer and it is there, or you found it on the internet and placed it in the proper folder and still get the same message. If the .dll file is there or was just placed into a folder, it must be "registered" in the registry. Fortunately Windows is equipped with a handy utility to perform this task. Click Start, Run and type in: regsvr32 dllname.dll and click Ok. If it fails to register it may be due to a version conflict and you will have to remove the old registry entry and then "register" it again. Run regedit, and in the page that opens click Edit, Find and type in: InstalledFiles and click Find next. Search the right hand panel for the name of the .dll and if there right click the name, click modify and clear the data from the panel that opens. Close regedit, restart the computer and then try registering the .dll again."

Jake_027 20:40 01 Aug 07

I uninstalled office 2003 and ran a ccleaner scan and a registry mechanic 5 free edition scan, followed by searching for mapi32 in the registry and deleting a reference i found under outlook. After restarting and reinstalling office 2003 outlook now works. Many thanks to sea urchin for the help.

Sea Urchin 21:31 01 Aug 07

Delighted to hear of the successful outcome.

Sea Urchin 21:32 01 Aug 07

Delighted to hear of the successful outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…