MAPI not initialising in Outllok Express

kimig 18:28 19 Feb 05

I am trying to export messages from Outlook Express and recieving the error message "an error occurred while initialising MAPI."

I have done this successfully several times before, and Address book exported without a problem.

Anyone help, please?
TIA
Kimig

JonnyTub 18:30 19 Feb 05
  JonnyTub 18:30 19 Feb 05

better still click here

kimig 18:59 19 Feb 05

Thanks for answering and the links. My Outlook Express does not havea this option on the General tab, nor anywhere else obvious!
It is OE6.00, build 2800.1123 ?

woodchip 19:12 19 Feb 05

Yes sometimes I have had the problem. If you look in where the dll's are kept, on Win98 they are in the system folder in XP I think System32. What as happend is that the Mapi.dll as been changed by another program go see if there is a Mapi.bak rename the Mapi.dll to Mapi.dllx and change the Mapi.bak to Mapi.dll or there may be a Mapi.old so you need to check or you can reinstall the Mapi files from the Office CD

kimig 19:41 19 Feb 05

Thanks Woodchip. I don't seem to have mapi.dll at all. I have mapi32.dll - is that the same? If not, I've scouted through the Office disk and can't find the file specifically - do I need to re-install some components?

woodchip 18:30 20 Feb 05

It may be the Mapi32 see if there is a bak or old file in the folders above

kimig 19:02 20 Feb 05

No, nothing else. I think I may trundle around and try to find the file on line? I reckon this problem started when I uninstalled Mozilla

woodchip 13:28 21 Feb 05

The Mapi32 in my XP System 32 folder is 621kb if you want me to send that I can. just e-mail through the yellow envelope. I do not have any other mapi file ether

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…