MAPI failure

bothy 08:50 23 Oct 10

Tried to send Word document as an email attachment and get an error message.."Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: Unspecified error". Got same message when I tried using Openoffice.Tried the suggested correction but no joy. Don't even know what MAPI means. Any suggestions?

natdoor 09:29 23 Oct 10

For a definition of MAPI /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messaging_Application_Programming_Interface.

Asa quick fix attempt, if your Word document is not too large you could copy it and paste it into your e-mail.

mgmcc 09:33 23 Oct 10

Was your email program running when you tried to send the document via email? If not, try again with it running.

It stands for Mail Application Program Interface, but isn't something that users normally need to know anything about. The email program deals with it.

bothy 09:56 23 Oct 10

I will try the cut and paste but presumably the recipient will not be able to modify.

Email was open and running when I tried to send the document.

natdoor 20:36 23 Oct 10

The recipient should be able to copy and paste into Word or another word processor.

MAT ALAN 22:21 23 Oct 10

click here

it is related to a corrupt registry key, if you are happy to do so there is a fix, if not there is also a workaround in the link...

bothy 10:14 24 Oct 10

Cut and paste worked well enough tks.

Before attempting a fix or workaround can I check a couple of things which may or may not be relevant...I am not using outlook, just yahoo mail, the word version is 2010 and am using Win7. Does that change anything re fix/workaround?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…