Map Network Drive USERNAME & PASSWORD ?

Covergirl 09:12 17 May 08

Hi

I've just got a laptop (Samsung R60) and I'm sat downstairs connected to the internet through the Thomson ST585 Router which is wired to an Acer T180 upstairs.

I would now like to connect to the PC upstairs through the wireless modem and access the files on there.

Both PC's running Vista Home Premium.

I'm not sure how to, but I would expect the best way would be like at work through the "Map Network Drive" function.

When I click Map Network Drive, it selects a drive letter (Z for example) and clicking Browse shows me this laptop and the Home-PC upstairs. When I select Home-PC I'm asked for a User Name and Password in separate boxes (with a Remember My Password tick box).

I'm now stuck because I'm not sure what User Name or Password to use. There are no accounts set up - it just boots straight into Vista. There is the standard Vista firewall and AVG but nothing else.

How do I find my username and password please ? Anybody any ideas . . . ?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Also Posted on Helproom forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…