many repeated emails - how to stop

SparkyJack 11:52 27 Oct 12

My daughter subscribes to several on line publications- for example Gardeners world. About 6 in all

Each week she will get an mail with a link to the latest issue.

Of late she has found this clutch of mails keep repeating- over and over again. At the latest input the same six rolled up to a total of 600 lines.

Whats causes this - Her machine - The server or what? and how can the problem be resolved?

lotvic 12:33 27 Oct 12

It could be several things. Is it POP mail? A setting in the account in email client (Outlook? Thunderbird? or ?) Or it could be her virus scanning interrupting the down/receive - the mail scanning feature. It could be a corrupt file in mail client (the file that keeps a record of which have already been downloaded)

Is it only from these six senders or is it all of emails?

I suggest as a short term remedy to login to Webmail server and tidy folders up there deleting emails not needed any more.

SparkyJack 14:29 27 Oct 12

Thank you lotvic Looks like I may have to visit her, but will suggest she in the meantime clears her webmail file. I think in fact it is webmail[BT] she uses as opposed to a client.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Honor 5X review: Hands-on with the new budget phone from Hauwei's young brand

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…