many repeated emails - how to stop

SparkyJack 11:52 AM 27 Oct 12

My daughter subscribes to several on line publications- for example Gardeners world. About 6 in all

Each week she will get an mail with a link to the latest issue.

Of late she has found this clutch of mails keep repeating- over and over again. At the latest input the same six rolled up to a total of 600 lines.

Whats causes this - Her machine - The server or what? and how can the problem be resolved?

lotvic 12:33 PM 27 Oct 12

It could be several things. Is it POP mail? A setting in the account in email client (Outlook? Thunderbird? or ?) Or it could be her virus scanning interrupting the down/receive - the mail scanning feature. It could be a corrupt file in mail client (the file that keeps a record of which have already been downloaded)

Is it only from these six senders or is it all of emails?

I suggest as a short term remedy to login to Webmail server and tidy folders up there deleting emails not needed any more.

SparkyJack 14:29 PM 27 Oct 12

Thank you lotvic Looks like I may have to visit her, but will suggest she in the meantime clears her webmail file. I think in fact it is webmail[BT] she uses as opposed to a client.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites