to many cdroms

dwhiteley 17:47 01 Apr 05

can any 1 tell me that i got ide cable conecting to hard drivs and a ide cable conecting a cdrw and dvdrw is there any way of centing anouther cdrom please help

Paranoid Android 18:15 01 Apr 05

Sure you can. What you need is an IDE controller card which will plug into a free PCI slot and give you 2 more IDE connectors. Why you would want to do this escapes me, but it's your choice.

£ 12.76 plus vat from AUT Distribution

click here
(third item down).

Marvin

TomJerry 18:28 01 Apr 05

each IDE channel can support two IDE devices (HDD or optical), so you can connect another CD-rom with the same IDE cable as HDD, you can buy a two headed cable for £1 if your IDE cable only has one head

but the question is why you need so many CD-ROM, my PC only has one DVDRW and it does everything for me

Paranoid Android 18:38 01 Apr 05

TomJerry I think the implication was that all connectors are used eg 2 HDs 2 CDroms.

Marv.

ade.h 19:25 01 Apr 05

As far as I know, you shouldn't connect an optical drive to the same cable as a HDD; the data rate of that channel will be reduced to ata33. Apologies if I'm wrong.

ade.h 19:26 01 Apr 05

Or possibly ata66; not sure. Slower than the HDD anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…