"To many arguments for user command"

Nipsen 2 19:25 31 Jul 03

My Wife's friend is a nurse, working night's .three month's ago she bought a computer (windows me) Today she came to see us and mentioned that she had a problem with her computer. She decided to add a password so that she could logon & logoff windows. This is where the problem started, when she tried to go on the internet a message came up "user name rejected" with this error message " To many arguments for user command " Unfortunately she gave me the error message over the phone and as now gone to work, if there is "quickfix" for it I would not be able to look at her computer till Friday evening. I gave her instuctions on "system restore" but she said she had no system restore
points to restore to. Hope someone will be able to help a nurse in distress. Thank's nipsen 2

-pops- 19:38 31 Jul 03

Error Message:
Too many arguments in command line.

User Action:
Make sure the syntax of the command line is correct, and that you only specify one process at a time. To check which arguments are valid for this command, type HELP at the command prompt followed by the command name (in this case, More).

From click here

Nipsen 2 20:10 31 Jul 03

pops,
thanks for your prompt reply I will give it a go tomorrow evening, will leave the thread open for now thanks nipsen 2

Nipsen 2 09:08 01 Aug 03

bump

Nipsen 2 19:26 01 Aug 03

The lady couldn't solve the problem & has asked the company who built the computer to look at it. If she sorts it out and let's me know what happened I will get back to the forum with the answer, thank's anyhow pops nipsen 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced