manufacturer logo on boot up

fritwash 14:39 05 May 04

Hi All
I have recently bought a second hand computer and reformatted the hard drive and installed windows ME.
My old computer used to show the diagnostic screen at start up but the this one shows the manufacturers name (Mercury) and then boots straight into windows is there any way I can get the old screen back. I have been told it is to do with the BIOS but I can`t find it.

Cheers

PA28 14:42 05 May 04

Look for disable splash screen or similar. If you are having trouble finding it in the BIOS (which is where it should be) try posting back with the BIOS that you have - in case of doubt it normally flashes past quickly on the first boot up screen.

fritwash 14:48 05 May 04

Hello PA28

I could not see anything like that in the BIOS and the only thing I get on the screen before the logo shows is the video card type in the top left hand corner and that very quickly disappears. Is there any other way to find out the BIOS version?

Cheers

PA28 14:51 05 May 04

Have a look at the very bottom of the screen

Eric10 14:53 05 May 04

Still in the BIOS it could be called Hidden Boot which shows the logo when "Enabled". As a temporary measure you can usually hide the logo on a one off basis by pressing ESC or sometimes TAB when the logo is on screen.

fritwash 14:57 05 May 04

Still no joy absolutely nothing apart from the video card.
I went to their website yesterday to look for a manual and they had one to view in pdf format but I could not "save target as", it appeared to be viewable from the site only, if I go back to the site will I be able to tell from the manual?

fritwash 15:09 05 May 04

I have just been back to the site (Kobian.com) and the version is 030326s, should have done that first time round, sorry about that, I am new to this BIOS tampering and a little wary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…