Manufacturer Boot Up Screen

Bestselling Author 21:24 31 Mar 04

I know we've been told a thousand times, but I've forgotten and I apologise. I'm sure it's possible to alter the amount of time a PC displays the manufacturers logo when your first start up a machine. Mine appears to be sitting there longer and longer and it's beginning to wind me up. Any suggestions on how to boot up more quickly would be appreciated. Thank you.

interzone55 21:38 31 Mar 04

Goto BIOS (press DEL or F1 as you switch on)
Enable Fast Boot
Disable Seek Floppy (or whatever it's called on your system)
Check what backgroud programs you have running at startup by going to Start/Run type MSCONFIG, go to startup tab & check you don't have loads of un-necessary programs loading, also check in the Start/ Programs/ StartUp folder.

Run defrag & Scandisk.

If all else fails, backup your data, dig out all you software & driver disks & re-install windows, nothing boots as fast as a clean install.

woodchip 21:53 31 Mar 04

You have a Manufacturer custom BIOS that cannot be changed, but you may be able to speed the boot time.

Go to Start\Run and type MSCONFIG press ok look at the startup-boot tab you will see all the items that start at boot try removing all the ticks exept anti-virus and firewall then try a reboot. You can restore any of the above at any time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…