Manually setting up broadband

hargranules 11:53 26 Jun 06

An trying to set - up talk talk broadband for someone. They do not have cd (long story) so am trying to install from scratch.

I have installed speedtouch 330 modem no problems, but am a bit confused about the settings. Talk Talk website is useless just refers to cd all the time.

Is there a really simple guide of how to set up, what to tick what not to tick that kind of thing.

Please help!!!!!

woodchip 13:03 26 Jun 06

Do you know how to get into the setup page? if not I would use the Wizard in Control Panel\Networking New Connection. You will need user name ISP and Password

hargranules 13:06 26 Jun 06

Have user name and password. How would i find out isp. I have DNS server as 62.24.199.20.

Been going to internet connections and then set up new connection. Then says connect to find isp providers in your area but come up with error each time.

woodchip 13:22 26 Jun 06

It will come up with error as it does not have the User or Password name to check with. That why I said use the Setup New Connection Wizard in Networking For ISP just put in TalK Talk

woodchip 13:24 26 Jun 06

They should have given all the info you need including your E-Mail address

hargranules 13:26 26 Jun 06

so i should be using network connection wizard not internet connection wizard. This is where i was going wrong.

woodchip 13:26 26 Jun 06

Have you looked hear under Help & Support click here

woodchip 13:28 26 Jun 06

click here

on the right on setting up

hargranules 13:34 26 Jun 06

can't find that bit but have found a bit that has vpi details etc. so i should be able to set - up through network connection wizard.

hargranules 13:43 26 Jun 06

can i just confirm! I go to control panel. Then Network connections and then set up a new connection????

woodchip 16:57 26 Jun 06

Yes that's where it should be

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…