Manually deleting previously visited web addresses

ShorN 09:39 05 Aug 05

where on the hard drive is the list of previously visited website, (that drop down in the iexplorer bar, stored?

looking to manually delete.
THanks

Al94 09:41 05 Aug 05

Download this freebie click here it will do the job and more.

ShorN 09:47 05 Aug 05

thanks for that, but as states i am looking to manually delete them.
I do not have access to download programs or internet otptions in the iexplorer toolbar, hence i need to manually delete them, if I can.

rawprawn 09:58 05 Aug 05

Tools/Internet Options/Under the general Tab/ Delete Files/delete Cookies/Delete History

rawprawn 10:05 05 Aug 05

I don't understand why you cannot download files or get to Internet Options, if you can't get on the internet what do you want to delete?. Another way of getting to Internet Options is Via Control Panel.

Jackcoms 10:06 05 Aug 05

To add to the previous answers and, perhaps, answer your original question:

"where on the hard drive is the list of previously visited website"

Go to C:/Documents and Settings/User Name/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files

or C:/Documents and Settings/User Name/Cookies

mattyc_92 10:08 05 Aug 05

rawprawn, it sounds like ShorN may be on a network at work/school/college and they intend to limit what you can access.

ShorN 10:37 05 Aug 05

rawprawn - i didnt say i couldnt get on the internet i said i couldnt download.

Mattyc_92 - your correct.

Jackcoms - ive been into locals settings/temp internet files and deleted everything but there still not gone from explorer bar.

Magik ®© 10:42 05 Aug 05

This has come up so many times before,, the drop down list in IE is from the favorites/bookmarks, delete those and the list will not appear..

Magik ®© 10:45 05 Aug 05

and then untick auto complete..

Sapins 10:46 05 Aug 05

If you click on the history button you can right click on those you want rid of and select delete, you can only delete them one at a time.

Is this want you want?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…