Manual for Sony VAIO Laptop PCG-8G1M?

Roadgiant 16:20 15 Nov 06

I have very kindly been given a Sony VAIO laptop for my son, It is has PCG-8G1M on the underside of it and I am trying to get a manual for it.
I believe the Laptop was purchased origanally in Europe, it has a Pentium 4 2.4GHz proccessor and 512mb of ram.
I have tried the VAIO-Link user manuals site with no success none of the numbers seem to tally up with this laptop.
Any one any suggestions, thanks in advance RG

anskyber 16:27 15 Nov 06

Here is the Sony site but I cannot find the model you describe, you may however click here

postie24 16:28 15 Nov 06

If no luck,try ebay

Roadgiant 16:39 15 Nov 06

Thanks for the fast replies, as mentioned in my original post I have allready tried the Sony VAIO site with no luck.RG

anskyber 16:41 15 Nov 06

Oops sorry, I did not spot your earlier comment.

postie24 16:54 15 Nov 06

Have just lookied on ebay for you,you can download sony manuals on there,

BRYNIT 17:12 15 Nov 06

The Sony site states.

Note: In some cases the model code number of a VAIO can be different from the chassis code number shown on the bottom or on the rear of the unit. In case of doubt or if your model is not mentioned in above dropdown boxes, use the following link: (I cannot find my VAIO model...)

This link is not working at the moment, have you tried to email Sony to see if they may be able to give you the corrct model number for the Manual.

Roadgiant 17:41 15 Nov 06

Yes I couldn't get the link to work either, what I'll do as you suggest is e-mail Sony for the correct model no.
In the meantime I'll leave the thread open for a couple of days until hopefully I get an answer through Sony or from here.
Thanks RG

Roadgiant 19:53 15 Nov 06

Just had another look at laptop and found another model no. at bottom of screen PCG-GRZ515G! I have been on Sony's site and downloaded full set of manuals that I needed.
Thanks once again for the advice.RG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5