Manual removal Intellitype Pro software

luthier 09:30 04 Nov 04

The volume indication that used to appear on screen when adjusted via the multimedia keyboard no longer appears. I therefore decided to update the keyboard software. However I cannot remove the Intellitype 5.0 software via the add/remove software section of control panel. I get an error message. I've also tried installing the latest version (5.2) without first removing the older version but I get a message saying it couldn't uninstall the older version. Is there a way of manually uninstalling the software?

Strawballs 10:06 04 Nov 04

Try using this click here

luthier 10:18 09 Nov 04

Thanks for the link. Although it didn't solve the problem, it looks very useful for future use. I eventually found a download on the Microsoft site which will uninstall all their software automatically by removing bits from the registry... and it worked!

mbp 10:33 09 Nov 04

luthier: be a sport and let us have the link to that uninstall software at MS so we can have a look at it. Thanks!

luthier 14:16 17 Nov 04

Sorry about the delay in getting back. Can't find the download now but try this link click here;en-gb;842813#kb2 which seems to suggest the utility is included with XP anyway.

luthier 14:22 17 Nov 04

Just found it! Try this click here;en-us;290301

mbp 13:20 18 Nov 04

Sorry, just to let you know both brought up "Page Not Found". Thanks anyway.

luthier 13:50 18 Nov 04

The address must be too long for the 'click here' button: try manually adding ;en-us;290301 to the address after clicking the link (it seems to work ok then but don't ask me to explain why!) Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…