Manteno

Manteno 14:32 12 Feb 07

I use Google as my home page. This has now changed to UK.MSN.COM and no matter what I do I can't reset Google as home page. Any info out there. Thank you

Technotiger 15:21 12 Feb 07

Hi, try the link given by Zerdo in this thread ...

click here

skidzy 15:37 12 Feb 07

Also check any antispy/antivirus program settings are not set to msn.com.

For example Spybot search and destroy has a setting that will lock your homepage and can only be changed through its settings.

Manteno 19:23 12 Feb 07

Sorry that one from zurdo did not do the trick.

Manteno

Totally-braindead 19:26 12 Feb 07

Could you please next time use a better title for the thread so people can see what the problem is.
Something like "Homepage problem" would have been better.

skidzy 19:40 12 Feb 07

You really need to tell us what you have tried,what apps you have that may possibly be blocking the ability to change your homepage.

We really need more info......

Programs like Spybot/Spywareblaster all have the ability to lock your homepage.

I would suggest you try something like Winpatrol that is easy to use and keeps you alert to any changes in your homepage and startup.click here

Manteno 20:11 12 Feb 07

I like to use google. However when I go into explorer the MSN homme page comes up. I then go to www. google.com and bring up their home page and click on the 'Make google my home page' but when come out and go back to explorer the MSN comes back. I have tried going into Tools-Options and followed the instructions but they don't seem to apply. Still trying. Thanks

Manteno

skidzy 20:14 12 Feb 07

I take you have tried via the tools menu in Internet explorer...
Tools/internet options/general....type google as your homepage and ok.

Manteno 20:55 12 Feb 07

Yes. I tried all the tools-options-use current. Changed settings etc and Msn still comes back. I can add an extra tab for Google which goes alongside MSN. Then if I click Google it works but does not stay as homepage. Cheers.

Manteno

skidzy 21:05 12 Feb 07

Have you tried my previous link,here it is again click here

If you need any help,setting it up...let me know.

Manteno 13:49 14 Feb 07

When I start up I get the normal Compaq page then the following black screen with the 3 second message 'Windows XP Home Edition' then below that 'Windows recovery console'
How do I stop this.

Manteno

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac