Mandrake how do you install modem drivers?

dazzling (work) 00:06 02 Mar 04

i have toyed with mandrake 9 a while ago but gave up cos i could not get on the net is there an idiot proof site to tell you how to install drivers.i have the driver just dont know what to do with it.darren

powerless 00:57 02 Mar 04

Which modem driver?

Where is the file located?

...and what is the full name of the driver including extensions.

powerless 00:57 02 Mar 04

Which modem driver?

Where is the file located?

...and what is the full name of the driver including extensions.

powerless 00:59 02 Mar 04

...and which version of Mandrake?

powerless 00:59 02 Mar 04

...and which version of Mandrake?

dazzling (work) 21:53 02 Mar 04

is it that complex? its a diamons supra 56 the file is on a floppy and its mandrake 9.0.have to say ive moved to broadband this week though and now have anm adsl modem sagem i think does linux suppourt these? would still like to get linux up and running though even if only on dial up.darren

dazzling (work) 21:53 02 Mar 04

is it that complex? its a diamons supra 56 the file is on a floppy and its mandrake 9.0.have to say ive moved to broadband this week though and now have anm adsl modem sagem i think does linux suppourt these? would still like to get linux up and running though even if only on dial up.darren

woodchip 22:13 02 Mar 04

You do not use the drivers that you have got with the modem. Linux provides the drivers but you still have to setup your ISP server just as you would in Windows. It's easier to do when first loading Linux but can be done after. Sorry but that's what linux is all about. Like moving from win98 to XP only worse

woodchip 22:13 02 Mar 04

You do not use the drivers that you have got with the modem. Linux provides the drivers but you still have to setup your ISP server just as you would in Windows. It's easier to do when first loading Linux but can be done after. Sorry but that's what linux is all about. Like moving from win98 to XP only worse

dazzling (work) 22:25 02 Mar 04

got the driver of the net from a site somebody had compiled it as mandrake does not suppourt diamond modems so some nice person had written it for theres and let others have it.i need to know how to get it from disc to linux.darren

dazzling (work) 22:25 02 Mar 04

got the driver of the net from a site somebody had compiled it as mandrake does not suppourt diamond modems so some nice person had written it for theres and let others have it.i need to know how to get it from disc to linux.darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…