//some 3rd party need geo

mandrake 10 install

Tree3 15:07 29 Jul 04

when installing mandrake 10 i chose for the installation to be in graphical interface but when it loads the program into memory it comes up wi the flashing text cursor, any ideas on how to fix this or how to install in text mode, but i dont know the linux text commands. so would help if i could get it working in graphical mode

woodchip 15:15 29 Jul 04

Mandrake goes on Free Space that you need to create on your Hard Drive. It does not go on to a partition Created by Windows. When you load it, it will see the free space and install there

woodchip 15:17 29 Jul 04

You should have all you Hardware switched on when loading i.e. Printer etc

Tree3 15:19 29 Jul 04

i have a linux formatted hard drive which is emty but how does that make the installition either non graphical or graphical

woodchip 15:23 29 Jul 04

No IDEA If I was you I would just use FDISK and clear all Partitions and set computer to start from CD in the BIOS and start with Number 1 Mandrake disk it should load without a murmur

woodchip 15:26 29 Jul 04

If you choose None graphical, it will be harder to understand what it's on about when it's loading. You are better choosing the Graphical

Chegs ® 15:49 29 Jul 04

When last I installed MDK,my PC kept stopping when I tried for a GUI install.I opted for a text install,and it installed without any further input from me until it finished,then all I needed to do was type startx and hit return.(It was a while ago,so I could be wrong but I cannot recall adding anything else)click here

This refers to RedHat,but my experiences with various distros is they're all basically the same.Good Luck. ;-)

Tree3 16:13 29 Jul 04

i have a ntfs hdd with xp on and a hard drive witch is not in use at the moment, which i want to put mandrake on i formatted it in liunx partitioning with partion magic 8 so i cant see any problem with it working

Tree3 16:32 29 Jul 04

need to know by tonight

woodchip 21:28 29 Jul 04

As above just Delete the Linux partition, with Partition Magic. Then start comp with the Mandrake CD in, but BIOS needs to be set to CD as first boot device

woodchip 21:29 29 Jul 04

The reason for the above is that Mandrake sets up not one partition but two. It creates a Swap File partition also

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…