Managing multiple email accounts

Visoflex 18:29 15 Apr 08

My wife and I have our own computers and separate email accounts on the same user name.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Emails currently get delivered to who ever has logged on first, which is a nuisance.

I can stop my emails being downloaded to her machine by the "Do not Download It From The Server" rule in Windows Mail. But I can't seem to find a similar rule on Outlook 2007 which is on my computer.

I don't want to file her emails in a separate folder, just prevent them being delivered to my computer, such that they stay undelivered until she logs on to hers.

Any ideas out there?

Many thanks for your time.

Woolwell 18:34 15 Apr 08

You can use a message rule to do this click here=$solution_id&docPropValue=kb3532

Woolwell 18:35 15 Apr 08
  Visoflex 20:42 15 Apr 08

Thanks for a valiant effort, but I obviously didn't make myself clear.

I can prevent my emails being delivered to my wife's computer by the Do Not Download rule as per Orange's instructions. However, I can't find a similar rule in Outlook 2007, which is on my computer.

Ringing Orange is no use, as they only support Outlook Express.

Woolwell 21:07 15 Apr 08

For Outlook 2007 (which I haven't got) try this click here

D0gma 21:35 15 Apr 08

Maybe you are after leaving a copy of all emails on the server, therefore both PCs will have access to all emails recieved. If so, try this:

Tools, Account Settings, (Select account and select change), then More Settings, Advanced, then Delivery and tick the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" and select the time limit. Hope thats what you're after.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…