Malwarebytes scans

highside 16:41 28 Apr 14

Whats the point? I run Malwarebytes scans (qiuck and full scans) and it finds PUP.Option malware and I elect to remove it but if I run another scan an hour later its back again? (I also have Norton) Win8.1 64bit

Zak 16:45 28 Apr 14

Are you able to provide file name and extension of the PUP. Also is it the same one reoccurring in the same location?

Zak 16:48 28 Apr 14

Add Have you looked at this thread in this forum?

thumbscrew 23:17 01 May 14

ADWCleaner worked for me with the same problem highside.

highside 20:03 03 May 14

Thanks for replies still ongoing Zak Have downloaded ADWCleaner but not sure what to untick, if I create a restore point I guess it would be safe to let the program delete all it found? Can it be used in the way I have used CCleaner for years where I trust it and have never had a problem?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:26 03 May 14

Yes

just let it delete every thing it finds to be safe.

highside 08:59 04 May 14

I did that no problem it removed many files & folders it found. Unfortunately Malwarebytes still shows PUP.options.

I see that AdwCleaners Tools menu offers an anti PUP download but it looks a bit complex to me.

highside 14:47 04 May 14

PS having used AdwCleaner as per previous post Google Chrome no longer works. It will only open once unless PC is restarted when it will open one more time again etc,etc. If I click the icon to reopen chrome once it has been used and closed nothing happens. I reinstalled Chrome same result.

rdave13 15:52 04 May 14

Try using Revo to uninstall it completely. Reboot and try a new installation.

What PUP files are showing up in MBAM?

rdave13 15:54 04 May 14

Try using Revo to uninstall Chrome completely. Reboot and try a new installation.

What PUP files are showing up in MBAM?

rdave13 15:56 04 May 14

In MBAM click on the history tab and it will show what's been quarantined.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac