Malwarebytes keeps ending free trial?

buel 20:44 PM 30 Sep 12

Hi, My friend has downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes but it keeps saying that his free trial has come to an end. Please can someone help me help him to get the 'proper' Malwarebytes that is free and isn't a trial? Thank you.

wee eddie 21:02 PM 30 Sep 12

I think that you're downloading the wrong product. The 14 Day Trial is for the "Pro" Version.

lotvic 23:04 PM 30 Sep 12
  Eric10 08:50 AM 01 Oct 12

I think this may be a case of clicking buttons without reading what's on the screen. When you get to the last screen of the setup program for the free version there are 3 check boxes, all of which are ticked:

Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO

Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

All your friend needs to do is to remove the tick from the "Enable free trial" box before clicking the "Finish" button.

BT 09:17 AM 01 Oct 12

Mind you. I've had the free version for years and got a message a couple of weeks ago saying that my free trial version was ending. I just clicked it off and haven't seen it since, and it still seems to be working.

iscanut2 11:44 AM 01 Oct 12

As BT, my "Free Trial " came to an end and everything just carried on as normal re the free version. Buel, just download and install the free version as per Lotvics info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know