Malwarebytes Issues

Input Overload 12:42 09 Sep 09

I run the full version of Malwarebytes which has proved problem free & helpful up until these last few weeks or so. the problem is it's finding infections on sites & then gives the IP address of the site.

However most of the sites it lists are reputable, it even lists PCA as an infected site! It then blocks access which to say the least is annoying. I am assuming these are FP's as I use Eset Smart Security & have ran full deep scans with A2 free & Super Anti-Malware free which finds no problems with my PC whatsoever.

Does anyone else have this issue? For the time being I have disabled background scanning with Malwarebytes. I have been away for a week or so & assumed that Malwarebytes would have fixed any false positives but this problem has been going on now for about 3 weeks or so.

birdface 13:03 09 Sep 09

It did keep warning me of a problem which I kept deleting.I later found out it was actually the active X for Microsoft Updates.I have put it in the ignore list and have no problems updating Microsoft now.
Under More tools it gives you the option of reporting False positives.Maybe give it a try.

Input Overload 13:07 09 Sep 09

Now I have time I will report the issues. Thanks buteman.

Input Overload 00:19 10 Sep 09

I contacted Malwarebytes regarding this issue & received a reply about haft an hour later, I nearly fell off my chair. Apparently on the PCA site the IP Addy is a Ad that Malwarebytes is blocking not the site itself. But they admitted there is work to be done on the new IP blocking system & a new version will be released in a week or so. Great service!

birdface 00:44 10 Sep 09

Like you say good service you don't get much quicker.
I have Broadband choices blocked which is the add on the right hand side Not sure who is blocking it either a squared or IE7Pro add-on ad-blocker.probably the same one as you.

Input Overload 22:59 10 Sep 09

Malwarebytes have released a new version that fixes these issues 1.41
click here

FIXED Drastically improved product load speed on slower machines.

FIXED Issue with IP Protection blocking certain IPs it should not.

FIXED Improved memory usage in scanner and protection module.

FIXED Improved malware removal capabilities.

FIXED Scan detecting items that did not exist (junction issue).

birdface 23:27 10 Sep 09

Many thanks for the update.Just running a small scan with it now.I am using the free version it just looks the same but will have a good look after the scan.

birdface 23:34 10 Sep 09

Had a quick look I cannot see any difference in the free version.Looks the same as normal.

Input Overload 00:39 11 Sep 09

The free version & the paid for one are the same program bar for the background scanner. The program download is the same except for the addition of the registration code.

The thing I liked about the pay for edition of Malwarebytes is that it's a one off payment, as with Super Anti-Spyware you can get a lifetime product for a one time payment. I suppose at some time in the future they can bring a new product out & start again but I still feel Malwarebytes is among the best, & I don't mind paying a small amount for security software. I know others feel differently though & I have no problems with that.

Input Overload 00:42 11 Sep 09

buteman, BTW I can't see any difference in the pay for edition either, it don't seem to load any quicker the only thing I have noticed is no longer is it telling me PCA is infected which has to be a good thing :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…