malwarebytes false positives.?

birdface 19:35 06 Mar 09

Hi.Just ran a scan with Malwarebytes and it has came up with three Trojans.All of them seem to be part of Windows.looks like false positives has anyone else had the same problem.1st one was for wextract.exe Some others with the same problem.

click here So just a matter of watching what you delete in case they are needed.The other 2 were concerning i386 service pack files.

rdave13 19:43 06 Mar 09

Will run a quick scan to see if same results.

birdface 19:44 06 Mar 09

The 3 files are as follows.

C:Windows\System32\Wextract.Exe

C:Windows\Service Pack Files\i386\Wextract

C:Windows\Nt Service Pack Uninstall\We---

I would imagine if they are removed I may not be able to reboot.Any ideas anyone.

birdface 19:51 06 Mar 09

Ok.I have unticked the three trojans updated Malwarebytes from Version 1820 to 1825 and am now running another scan to see if it still picks them up.

MAJ 19:52 06 Mar 09

Update Mbam, it was fixed in database 1821.

rdave13 19:52 06 Mar 09

Database 1825 and run quick scan. Nothing showing.

birdface 19:54 06 Mar 09

Thanks for the information Maj.I will let the scan finish and if it does not re-appear I will class this as resolved.

birdface 20:27 06 Mar 09

Ok.updated and ran it again and it found nothing.
So will now class this as resolved.
Thanks everyone.

kdt 21:33 06 Mar 09

6 trojans quarrantined scared the hell out of me as windows message flashed they were needed. unfortunately without blinking an eye though noticed with quick glance that they were windows had MB to restore and as a precaution ran sfc /scannow to ensure all files intact xp pro sp3. MB was updated before scan but in future will have to be careful what to do/not to do?

birdface 09:28 07 Mar 09

First time I have had false positives with Malwarebytes.I get the odd ones with AVG so never delete anything until I find out for sure it is a virus.I just wonder what would have happened if I had deleted them.
probably would not have been able to get on here this morning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…