Malware Won't Allow Repair Or ReInstall Windows OS

Shikaree 15:37 02 May 10

Hi Folks,

I think my daughter has a seroius problem with her computer. She was ON THE INTERNET lOOKING AT A Website for shoes when this Window popped up telling her that she had serious Malware & Virus on her computer. It told her to Click and get rid of it or it would damage her computer. Thinking that this was genuine she did just that and after that she can't BOOTUP her computer. I told her to use her Windows XP Home CD to either Repair OR Reinstall Windows. She can't do either. The computer BOOTS UP with Windows OS. From the Blue Screen she chooses R for Repair Or Enter for Reinstall. The Next Blue Screen appears and freezes, she can't do anything from there. It just sticks there.

Can anyone please HELP!!

Shikaree

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 02 May 10

Forget the disk - what happens / error messages when she tries to boot normally?

Shikaree 16:44 02 May 10

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

When she Boots up normally Windows Screen tells her Sorry for Inconvenience there is a problem with Software or Hardware to protect your computer Windowa has shutdown. Then she has all the Choices Reconfigration, Start from Windows OS, - you know the List that includes Safe Mode, Last Configeration etc.

Then this long code:

Stop: 0X00000024 (0X00190203, 0X82S76008, 0XC0000102, 0X00000000)

She has tried all the Options. Nothing works.

Shikaree

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:15 02 May 10

Yes thats a problem one NTFS file susytm corrupt

Can she boot into recovery console instead of tryinhg to repair and ant the C:\windows prompt type chkdsk /r

If she can't get into recovery console has she got a floppy drive?
Note! Unfortunately there is a chance that your partition is corrupt beyond repair and all of your data is lost. In that case, you need to reformat the partition to be able to use it again. will down load NTFSinst boot disk.
After you load the bootable floppy disk onto your damaged system, select either option one (1) or option three (3). If you selected option one (1), type chkdsk /r at the command prompt, and your problem should go away after the disk has been repaired.

Note! Unfortunately there is a chance that your partition is corrupt beyond repair and all of your data is lost. In that case, you need to reformat the partition to be able to use it again.

Shikaree 19:33 02 May 10

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\. I have phoned my daughter and she'll drop off her computer to our house on her way to work on Tuesday. She has a Floppy Drive but she didn't make a Recovery Bootable Floppy. I'll look into it and let you know on Tuesday some time & we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your Help.

Shikaree

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:19 02 May 10

Forgot the link for the NTFSinst floppy click here

Shikaree 14:54 03 May 10

SORRY, Fruit Bat /\0/\, can't open Above LINK

Sea Urchin 15:14 03 May 10

The link didn't open for me twice - but the third time it did - have another go (or two) :@)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 03 May 10

Its a direct link for a file download, it will give you an option to save or cancel - save to a location of your choice and run it from there.

Its also possible your browser is blocking the download.

Shikaree 19:52 03 May 10

Thanks Sea Urchin & Fruit Bat /\0/\ - I will try again and check my Browser too

Shikaree 20:13 03 May 10

Sea Urchin & Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thanks Done!! Shall I use this Floppy on my daughters computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…