MALWARE WARNING NOTIFICATION

littlestan 17:12 09 May 09

Hi - I have the free AVAST as my malware/antivirus security. However, although it announces in its nice american voice that my system is up to date I have a red shield icon appear with white cross that when i click on it says that avast is out of date and needs updating! The choices it gives me is to go online and update with another product, which I don't want to do as I am very pleased with Avast. I have not received anything from Avast asking me to re-register or anything.

I cant get rid of the shield without selecting another of the two options, neither of which seems advisable to do. Bit confused! Seems as though I am protected but not sure.

I run vista windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks lots LS

download and run click here select free trial, which is actually a free stand alone scanner, download update and run.

littlestan 17:21 09 May 09

hi adman2

am i replacing Avast if i download your link?

thanks
LS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:30 09 May 09

If Avast has updated then you are secure, the red shield white cross is VISTA security centre not seeing Avast as your antivirus.

provider 2 17:36 09 May 09

Are your system time and date correct? click here

no, its just a scanner and cleaner, check the above. i've never used vista security center, but i didnt think it led you to other antivirus if you already had one installed? maybe wrong.

Stuartli 18:36 09 May 09

When you first install Avast! you have 60 days use of it before needing to properly register.

You can either do this or register immediately on the Avast! website to extend the register period to around 14 months.

I would suggest you immediately renew the register key at:

click here

Ensure that you tick the box stating it is for home and non-business use, otherwise you will not receive an e-mail with the key.

Copy and paste the key into the register key field (open the main Avast! panel>Settings (top left button)>click on About).

littlestan 12:22 10 May 09

thanks everyone - stuartli - seems updating my registration did the trick. Much appreciated to everyone for their help- as always. LS x

Stuartli 13:51 10 May 09

Pleased it's solved, but one more suggestion.

Update the version and VBS from within Avast! - again it's Settings and Update (Basic) - if Avast! hasn't already done so (it most probably will have already done so if configured to do so automatically).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…