Malware programs not running

jakimo 17:34 15 Nov 07

I have tried Ad-Aware\Spyware Doctor\Spyblaster, when selected a window appears stating prog.name has stopped working,windows is looking for a solution,but never finds one,..has anyone else had this problem?

p;3 18:04 15 Nov 07

adaware is the only one of that lot I use; I always have a full scan with results produced; do you run each of those programs separately?

SB23 19:21 15 Nov 07

I had a similar problem a while ago with all my pc security. None of it would work or even load.

It turned out to be the new version ( at the time ), of Zonealarm that was causing it all.

After ruling a few other possible causes out, an uninstall of ZA did the trick.

But, I will say that the person that helped me did suggest that there was a trojan or something similar that can do this, just can't remember what it was called.

birdface 19:33 15 Nov 07

Try running them in safe mode,See if that works.Your page does not get Hijacked or do you have extra folders in your Favorites that you have not put there and cannot remove.Go into msconfig and see if there is any programs on start up that should not be there, Or add remove, any programs on there that you have not downloaded.

Mac70 19:50 15 Nov 07

Is your anti-virus and firewall still working okay?

jakimo 11:09 17 Nov 07

Tried all suggested tips still no go

Ive now tried various free adware\malware software and get the "not working " message.it has also refused to install a graphics driver upgrade from microsoft..now looking for software to hunt down Trojan,although AVG states that system is OK

Belatucadrus 12:04 17 Nov 07

Try Dr Web CureIt click here The program does not require an installation and can be run from a USB drive. As there's no installation procedure, it may work.

birdface 12:05 17 Nov 07

Do you still use Zone Alarm Firewall.And have you downloaded Messenger Plus lately.

birdface 12:24 17 Nov 07

I suppose it could be a corrupt Host File.Have you up-dated it recently.If not it would be better to do it now.

jakimo 11:20 22 Nov 07

Things got worse before getting better ,spybot went completely out of control.Running AVG found nothing,and adaware\spyblaster still did not work.

So I tried kaspersky on-line scanner,it found one virus and four infections,but this version don`t remove,,or name the viruses\infections.so I downloaded the free full 30 day trial version of Kaspersky,and deleted Avg\Zonealarm\spybot & spyblaster,and tests now report I am now free of any infections,so depending on further tests I might buy it after the 30 days

p;3 15:03 22 Nov 07

try a full deep scan with this tool too

click here

should find some crap for you::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…