Malware problems

Rebanut 11:28 01 Oct 07

I know little about pc's but I am trying to help a friend, she has a problem with malware which wants a credit card number to get rid of it, I have read on here that maybe Spyware doctor will get rid of it so she is going to download it, another friend told her it wont run with alongside an antivirus or a firewall, this is wrong surely.
Any help please.

Colin

rawprawn 11:34 01 Oct 07

Spyware Doctor will run no problem. The thing you can't do is run 2 Antivirus programs together.

Belatucadrus 11:34 01 Oct 07

You're correct, Spyware Doctor will not be affected by either Anti Virus or Firewalls.
It is general practise not to duplicate firewalls and Anti Virus as two together can be a volatile and troublesome combination. But Spyware Doctor being Anti malware doesn't cause such problems with incumbent AV or firewall software and will do the job it's designed for.

rawprawn 11:36 01 Oct 07

Try this free click here

birdface 12:20 01 Oct 07

Hi tell her not to pay.sounds as if it is one of those pop-ups that want money to remove the problem that they started in the first place.If you can give us a few more details of why she thinks that she has got Malware problems.

Rebanut 13:00 01 Oct 07

A screen comes up saying enter your credit card details for help in getting rid of Malware and also it has put an icon of sorts in the right hand bottom of the screen, she says she has gone into control panel to try to remove it but it wont delete, thats all I know, she is going to download Ad Aware and try that, thanks again for your help.

Colin.

rambus 13:01 01 Oct 07

spyware doctor stops your pc becoming infected with malaware. it dont remove whats already on there, better option would be avg anti spyware or laversoft adaware both free to use.

mfletch 14:11 01 Oct 07

Hi, use SAS Superantispyware check for any updates before you use it,

If that does not fix the problem use SmitfrauFix but read the instructions first,

SAS/ FREE/ click here

SmitfraudFix/ FREE/ click here

mfletch

birdface 14:58 01 Oct 07

Hi.i would go with mfletch and run his 2 click here's.see if that cures it.

birdface 18:22 01 Oct 07

Just thinking it may be MBS again,That may be a bit harder to shift.

mfletch 18:26 01 Oct 07

Hi buteman,

If buteman is correct and it is MBS follow these instructions,

click here

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…