Malware problems

lee_robinson1983 16:28 17 May 06

Hi all.

I have 2 problems, every time I run my ewido Malware it comes up with the same 2 infections "downloader.zlob" something. I'll clean them and then run a scan a few hours later and up pops the same malware. Any suggestions anyone?

Also cant change my homepage to what I want, just stays on some protector anti-virus homepage.

I have Avast and Adaware and have run them both without picking up any errors. I'm stumped!

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:32 17 May 06

Run the scan in safe mode....tap F8 as the computer boots and use the up/down arrows on your keyboard to select 'safe mode'.

lee_robinson1983 16:39 17 May 06

Thanks, will everything be straight forward after that? i.e just restart in normal mode? Also, I'm not overly technical, what difference does safe mode make to the scan?

rawprawn 17:14 17 May 06

When you start in Safe Mode, only the processes needed to run the machine start so that if your problem is hiding that usually gets it. If it doesn't it could be hiding in System Restore in which case you need to turn off system restore and reboot. Don't forget to turn it back on.

skidzy 17:17 17 May 06

Run HJT click here

And post your log click here

Do not try to delete any entries you may find within the log,wait for the Malware removal experts to advise you accordingly.

You could try this first click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…