malware infections

langdaler 16:13 09 Apr 07

i run XP home and IE7..in last week my pc has,somehow,become infected by 2 malware items-

a) 'drivecleaner' keeps trying to install itself;'avast' blocks it but it keeps recurring.

b) 'WinAntiVirus Pro 7' is the other;it is constantly disrupting all my net activity,constant pop-ups/trying to redirect me etc.

i have gone to safe mode/run all my 'cleaner' programmes(spybot/adaware/regseeker etc.have run av(avast)/system mechanic.deleted all restore points/wiped 'deleted' files on hard drive;have run 2 online spyware scans(trend micro and etrust anti virus). cleared everything but,on coming back to pc-up they come again!!googling informs me of 'xsoftspy' to remove but,of course,after scan it won't unless you buy!

any advice to links or on any remover tools??? help appreciated.

VoG II 16:18 09 Apr 07

Try running these:

Superantispyware click here

AVG Antispyware click here

SB23 16:43 09 Apr 07

Try this little gem,

click here

p;3 19:31 09 Apr 07

how many antivirus programs do you have on there?

langdaler 10:07 10 Apr 07

i am indebted to respondents for advice on above.hopefully,problem now solved-nothing seen in last 24 hours.
installed suggested programmes-tend to think 'prevvx'programme cleared problem(it identified 'infection');others only picked up on tracking cookies,mostly. also ran the 'smitfraudfix' programme which helped.
many thanks to all above for advice.

langdaler 10:08 10 Apr 07

i am indebted to respondents for advice on above.hopefully,problem now solved-nothing seen in last 24 hours.
installed suggested programmes-tend to think 'prevvx'programme cleared problem(it identified 'infection');others only picked up on tracking cookies,mostly. also ran the 'smitfraudfix' programme which helped.

langdaler 10:08 10 Apr 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…