Malware Ground Hog Day

portofcall 04:22 05 Jan 06

My anti virus avast informed me that I had acquired a virus: c: windows/inct/20001/winlogon.exe/Win32:Cw-m [trj]. I was instructed to put in "chest" not to panic. So far so good except that Avast won't delete and everytime I re-boot, it informs me that I have: a virus............I have run spybot/adware repeatedly and re-booted to no effect. It bothers me that my anti virus lets me know the problem but doesn't allow me to remove and this malware repeats at start up. Hmmm. Please advise. Thanks.

AndySD 05:36 05 Jan 06

click here there is a 30 day trial it should remove it.

Damn Machine 10:21 05 Jan 06

I had a similar problem a while ago - try deleting the contents of your temp folders (internet and C:\WINDOWS\Temp)

Skills 12:59 05 Jan 06

Try this start avast then click on the settings button top left looks like an eject icon and then schedule a boot time scan.

You'll get a message to restart do so and avst will scan your hard drive on boot up. Hopefully that should allow it to delete the virus as it shouldnt be loaded into memory at that point.

Chegs ®™ 14:16 05 Jan 06

Or try reboot but hit F8 to startup in safemode and run AV scan in that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…