Malware bytes result

Hetti 18:24 16 Dec 10

Malware bytes finds the following every time I run a scan.
Rouge.Anti-vir, it says it has cleaned it but its there every time I run it.
Can I get rid of it somehow?

jimv7 18:34 16 Dec 10

Turn off system restore. Then re-enable it after scan.

rdave13 18:41 16 Dec 10

Follow this guide; click here

birdface 21:47 16 Dec 10

Also try msconfig.start up.And anything on there that is ticked that should not be there untick it then it will not run at start up.
Also try Internet Options. Connections.Lan Settings.Tick automatically detect settings.And underneath if proxy server is ticked remove the tick and everything on it.
That is where a few of the problems hide.
But if you use rdave13 click here that should help fix it for you.

Hetti 09:15 17 Dec 10

Thanks all

I followed rdaves link and it seem to have fixed it.

Can I ask anyone if this problem is liable to have arose because I uninstalled Kasperskey Internet Security Suite and installed Comodo Internet security instead?

rdave13 11:46 17 Dec 10

I don't think so. It could have been installed when you might have 'rolled over' an infected link on a web page. Making your security software think you downloaded the malware.
If you're not happy with Comodo then I'd change it. I've always found Avast to be good at stopping malicious scripts on infected web pages.

Hetti 12:06 17 Dec 10

Ill leave it as it is at the moment as Ive only had Comodo a couple of days so have not made my mind up about it yet.
I uninstalled Kaspersky because my PC seemd to be slow, but I must say I had no malware or other issues with it.

Hetti 12:13 17 Dec 10

Oh no
Just run another malwarebytes scan and its there again.
Shall I do the rdave thing again?

By the way Internet Options> Connections>Lan Settings, proxy server is not ticked.

birdface 12:30 17 Dec 10

Maybe go one step further and make a one off payment for Malwarebytes Pro this will give you full time protection and protect you from drive by rogue anti-virus programs etc from downloading on to your computer.
No Security Suite will protect your computer from attack.

rdave13 12:36 17 Dec 10

I'd use rkill again in safe mode with networking. This time I'd uninstall malwarebytes and install a fresh copy as it could be corrupted.

rdave13 12:37 17 Dec 10

Should have added to update it(malwarebytes) as it's important.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…