malware

DAKAR 15:57 21 Nov 10

Hi All
I went on ebay and tried to update my profile and was directed to follow a link which I did and now I keep getting a pop up telling me I have an infected computer and that I need to use system tools to clear it.I have run MBAM and spybot and both returned no viruses were found(run in safe mode)Any ideas how I can clear this annoying pop up
Thanks and best regards to all
Dakar

rawprawn 16:02 21 Nov 10

Have you tried System Restore?

rdave13 16:08 21 Nov 10

What is the name of this pop-up?

rdave13 16:08 21 Nov 10

What is the name of this pop-up?

Sea Urchin 17:23 21 Nov 10

Rogue AntiVirus System Tool - read this and very thoroughly follow the instructions for Automated removal

click here

Sea Urchin 17:25 21 Nov 10

You'll need to download Malwarebytes again from the secure link, as your version may well be corrupted by the virus

DAKAR 22:38 21 Nov 10

Thanks everyone
Will give your suggestion a go tomorrow evening
Sea Urchin and post back,it is excatly what is happening on my computer so hopefully it will be removed
Many thanks to all for help
Dakar

DAKAR 22:48 26 Nov 10

Hi Sea Urchin
I followed the instructions on the link you sent me and my problem has been sorted.
Thankyou very much for your help,its always good to know that guys like you are out there.
Kind regards
Dakar
PS will now tick the resolved box.

Sea Urchin 00:46 27 Nov 10

Good to hear your system is sorted - thanks for the positive feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…