Is this malware?

alfredgerald 19:47 05 Feb 10

When my daughter starts IE7 she gets a second screne open with the title Ad by Trueads. Its a betting company. How can I stop this from opening.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:50 05 Feb 10

Download and run mbam click here
one of the best free anti,alware programs around at the moment.

MAJ 19:55 05 Feb 10

with Fruit Bat /\0/\, download, install, update and run a scan with Mbam. But also check in IE7 > Tools > Internet Options > General tab and make sure that the only entry in the Home Page section is her home page. in IE7 and later it's possible to open a number of pages when IE starts.

alfredgerald 12:00 06 Feb 10

Have tried both but neither has worked. Any other thoughts

lotvic 12:32 06 Feb 10

This is for firefox click here how to stop trueads but as it tells you what Add on is causing them you could adapt it for IE

Go to 'Tools', 'Internet Options', 'Programs', Manage Add-ons'. Go down til you see 'contextual application trueads'. Click disable.
open programs uninstaller and look for "contextual application trueads" and uninstall it.

(usually installed sneakily with limewire..... and it is important you run your anti virus, anti spyware/malware programs)

birdface 13:08 06 Feb 10

What happened when you installed Malwarebytes would it not update or run.
Maybe try running it in safe mode.

birdface 13:11 06 Feb 10

You want the free version on the left just in case the Buy now put you off with the other click here.

birdface 13:13 06 Feb 10

Probably a problem on my computer but I could not open your click here.
It just said error on page.
Saying that i did read something lately that said Firefox has a bug in it.

birdface 13:17 06 Feb 10

Maybe try this program it is free.

click here

If you decide to download it make sure ad-blocker is ticked and Mini Download manager is unticked.
That should remove any adds.

birdface 13:29 06 Feb 10

maybe try the free version of A squared that seems to be able to remove it.

click here

lotvic 13:57 06 Feb 10

yes you're right, sorry, my previous 'click here' does not work, don't know why it didn't.

anyway just put 'contextual application trueads' into google and you will get lots of info.
(Including the ' ' in the search box)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…