Malicious Script detected by Norton 2003

Mysticnas 15:47 01 May 03

my girl is just surfing the net for jobs. she came across a site that had links to job descriptions, application form etc...

she clicked on one of the links and it opened up MS Word. as soon as this happened Norton AV 2003 picked up a Malicious Script in "i.explore"

we chose block script and it MS word closed down.

we tried to open up word again but it kept saying that the computer hadn't any disk space left and not enough memory either.

i disconnected the net from her pc and started up word and all worked fine.

she has an IBM thinkpad Celeron 1.13Ghz with XP home installed. and 376Mb RAM.

I've got a XP pro 1Gb Ram and nuff disk space.

we both got Norton Firewall and Anti Virus 2003.

we've setup a small home network to share the broadband connection.

Paranoid Android 17:56 01 May 03

Sorry - are you saying the problem resolved itself, or what ?

I suspect it was the firewall that blocked the script, not AV.

Mysticnas 18:19 01 May 03

i'm thinking that possibly it picked it up cuz an external program was trying to open MS word on her laptop? and that there was no real virus or anything.

well she ain't experienced any more probs yet.

just don't want it to turn out to be some kind of dormant virus or summat that'll spring up later at some point.

Rhuddlan 18:29 01 May 03

I have had the same problem, also with an IBM Thinkpad, my model was a 1400 series version, with NAV 2002 and Microsoft Word, for some reason I don't seem to know about, NAV dectets MS Word as a malicous script when opening up a window from ie, when this appears in the future, no need to worry, just go the drop down menu at the bottom of the window and select authorize this scriptand press OK, if Word isn't working as it should do, make sure you have not acciedntial quarantied this program, if you have then NAV won't let you use it again, if you have a copy on CD then you can reinstall it, other wise, if you're really desprate to use it, then the recovery disk is essitinal to reinstall your OS, hope this helps, let me know how you get on, regards, Rhuddlan.

Mysticnas 18:31 01 May 03

must be that.

i got all the cd's and stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…