malfunctioning text cursor

computerdiv 16:55 01 Mar 07

hello again. my text cursor is playing silly games with me. i call it now you see me, now you don't. basically it keeps dissapearing about 2 seconds after clicking in a search box. i can write about 2 letters before it vanishes and i then have to click in the search box again.i think the problem is causing the same problem in the start menu too, because that turns back off in about the same amount of time even when the mouse arrow is hovering over it so i have to be very quick to select an application.i know that sometimes the text cursor does stop working on all computers but this time it persistent and very annoying. please help.

recap 18:19 01 Mar 07

I recommend that you run your anti-virus program.

computerdiv 13:13 04 Aug 07

ran about a half dozen different virus scanners now.no change, any other suggestions.if computer is left for an hour or so the problem does seem to get better but it shouldn't happen at all

wee eddie 13:35 04 Aug 07

What AV have you got installed on your PC.

"ran about a half dozen different virus scanners now" Which ones?

Do you have a Firewall?

Do you have any Anti Malware Programs installed?

Which ones?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…