Malfunctioning laptop network card

crsf 22:46 07 Jun 05

We share our broadband connection through a Belkin ASDL modem with wireless G router. Our desktop PC is connected to it via cable; my laptop has been connecting quite happily wirelessly via a Belkin wireless G Notebook Network card. However, my daughter's Advent 7027, which had been connecting without difficulty since Easter now keeps dropping the connection and she has to reconnect every 10 or 20 minutes. I have a Netgear 54 Mbps USB 2.0 Adapter WG 111 she could use. Would it be necessary to disconnect her inbuilt network card first in order to avoid any conflict between the two. If so, how?

PS: this problem only occurred after the local computer repair shop had declogged the fan in an attempt to stop her laptop's tendency to overheat. They are at a loss to explain, or cure, the connection dropping problem

Strawballs 00:37 08 Jun 05

If you use the USB adapter you should not need to woory about the network adapter, have you tried uninstalling the network adapter in device manager then reboot to let windows detect it and reinstall the drivers.

crsf 09:02 11 Jun 05

Excellent device manager advice which appears to have done the trick. Wireless broadband connection now stable. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…