Making word documents private

MANDYJIM 09:31 18 Feb 07

I have windows xp professional that is password protected for a number of administrators to log onto, I want to make a number of word documents private and to be only opened by myself, almost have the documents further password protected can anyone suggest a solution within xp itself or maybe some additional software to solve my problem please, thank you

rawprawn 09:43 18 Feb 07
  BRYNIT 09:44 18 Feb 07

This link will open a PDF file that should help.

click here

Simsy 09:48 18 Feb 07

password protect word documents...

When you "Save", (or "Save as...), in the dialogue box that appears choose,"Tools" the "General Options"...

You can then choose a password that is needed to either Open, and/or modify the document. It can be a different password for each.

(Note that I'm using Word 2000... I assume it's the same for later versions?)

Note that there is software available that doesn't find these passwords too challenging to break.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

MANDYJIM 09:51 18 Feb 07

Thank you i will give those two a go........Jim

Simsy 09:52 18 Feb 07

I see the link provided by BRYNIT indicates that versions later than mine have better security!

Regards,

Simsy

baldtaco 09:52 18 Feb 07
  BRYNIT 12:11 18 Feb 07

If you are using Office 2003 you can look at click here Microsoft Office 2003 Editions Security Whitepaper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…