Making a Windows Installation CD from Restore Disc

TommyRed 12:54 28 May 04

Read on a previous post about making an installation disc from my restore cd but I have a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to on the site mentioned. Regarding the drivers, I have a seperate cd with drivers on which I assume would be ok, comments please. Also if I needed to replace a corrupt or missing file how would I go about it with this new disc? TIA TR

Djohn 13:07 28 May 04

Yes you can make a CD of your O/S from the hidden partition as discussed on the other thread. You CD rom driver disk would take care of your drives but you will also need the drivers for your motherboard/graphics card/sound card modem etc.

You may already have these but if not they can most likely be downloaded from the internet before doing the format of your drive.

Also if you are on XP and need SP1 as a separate application this can be downloaded from the Microsoft site and "Slipstreamed" onto your new CD turning a basic XP disk into a XP SP1 disk.

Corrupt or missing files will be dealt with by inserting your new XP CD into your machine and extracting from there. j.

TommyRed 13:35 28 May 04

Thanks TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…