making a window smaller

palinka 19:57 09 Jan 05

a friend has made her OE window so large that she can't "reach" the close cross, or the corner to drag it down to a reasonable size again. And I've forgotten how to get round this problem. can someone please remind me?

Jeffers22 19:59 09 Jan 05

To move a windoow around using the keyboard.

Before clicking on anything else (so that that widow retains the focus) hit Alt and Space. This will bring up the system menu. Hit M to move and then try each of the cursor keys in turn to see if your lost window reappears on one of the screen edges. Once you have got enough of it on screen to grab with the mouse, hit Return to turn off the keyboard controlled movement.

If the window is normally maximized, the move option will be greyed out and you will need to hit N to minimize it first, then move it.

Jeffers22 20:01 09 Jan 05

Oops, sorry about the typos and forget the bit about lost windows - that was from another post. The principle works though - Alt Space

palinka 20:22 09 Jan 05

thanks Jeffers22; I'll store that one away for future reference. meanwhile i've solved my own problem - put pointer at bottom of blue header bar at any point along it and double click. Vertical positioning is critical, which makes it tricky with a touchpad, but otherwise simple.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…